Saturday 13 October 2012

Ornate Christmas Ornament

The Christmas Ornaments in the SU mini are the must try projects for the festive season, so how excited was I when one of the crazy crafters bought along the famelets for us to play with on Wednesday. We all took our turn of cutting them out on the cuttlebug .I have a very co-ordinated Christmas Tree and so mine were cut out on red and black paper and cardstock. To make the plain black card (thanks Zoe for giving me some) a little more me I embossed it with a fancy pattern  in clear embossing powder. Here are the results
Sorry I have managed to capture really bad lighting again! This is just a quick prototype, which I think I can develop, although the colours are right and I love the black, I am not too sure about the spots and once I can get my hands back on the dies (hint, hint Sandy) I think I will add smaller ones in the gaps, one because it doesn't quite feel finished and two because it feels a little flimsy and I think that would strengthen it. Some of these will definately be making it on the Hobbs tree this December 1st.

I hope you like it thanks for stopping by

Hx

No comments: