Saturday 16 June 2012

Fancy Frames

What can I say about the weather? I am not sure how much "homegrown" I am going to cover in my blog this year, this really is the worst summer we have had since we have had our plot. Not only are we battling against very little sunshine or warmth, but loads of rain and high winds and our produce is really suffering for it. Anyway I am going to look on the bright side and where as I am normally picking 10lb  of Strawberry's a day at this time of year and making jars of jam instead I am wrapped up warm making Christmas cards! Joking aside I have managaged to stay clear of Christmas today and instead decided to frame a couple of school photo's of my youngest 3 nieces. These have been pinned to my notice board for ages and I thought they could do with a stampin up make over.

This photo is still in one of those navy cardboard mounts that school photo's always come in. I have simply cut a piece of DSP large enough to be able to fold to the back and cut a top note out of the middle. I have used the label from "Everything Eleanor' and then decorated it with stamps form the "Hope and Strength" set. The "Hope and Strength' set was a must have for me as my initials are HH, my gorgeous niece pictured is called Hope and some of the profits from the set went to Breast Cancer Research, which is also close to my Heart (not to mention the stamps are beautiful). I have then attached 2 small flat magnets to the back so that I can pop it back on the notice board without the aid of fridge magnets on the corners.
This photo of Erin and Nieve wasn't in a frame, so I have mounted it on a top note that I have trimmed to the stitch mark and then mounted that onto some DSP. I then attached the outer frame of the top note and left a small frame of DSP. A few brads, a non SU flower and a little ribbon loop at the top to hang it by. My notice board now looks loads brighter and prettier.

I hope you like my fancy frames, thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment.

Hayley

No comments: